Friday 8 March 2013

Film poster idea


This is my initial idea for a film poster. I mainly kept this simplistic as it's a short film, so I didn't want to give the majority of the narrative away in the poster. This is because it wouldn't be good in promotion as there's nothing to watch it for to discover or attract audiences.
The title 'Deception' I decided to do this in all capitalised letters with bold underline this is to emphasise the film and draw attention to it but to also make it look serious because of the underlying topic of teenage pregnancy in our film. Furthermore, I chose the colour scheme for the titles to be red and black purposefully because darker colours also make it look more serious and red can connote love (as a genre of our film is romance) but also danger (connoting the drama aspect). 
The image is two of the main character, Sally and George stood in a doorway. I chose this because this is the turning point scene in our film when Sally cheats on James, however, the audience will not know this yet. Although, I thought that this image would represent the film well as it is a crucial aspect within it. 
The box at the side of the doorway, I wrote 'possibly add a strapline here,' as it could potentially attract more people to watch it. We haven't thought about using one just yet but it gave me the idea to when creating this film poster to, therefore I would give an indication if we decided to adapt this idea. 

No comments:

Post a Comment