Thursday 13 September 2012

Production logo idea



First Draft
 This is my idea for a production logo that we could possibly use or to incorporate some ideas with the others in the group. My idea is to have the text capitalised and 3D (shaded) to make our production company stand out more and make it the main feature of the logo. In addition, in the background I have drawn a sun around the text with again, the rays 3D and shaded. I have done this purposefully to add some colour to the logo (yellow) and also it draws attention to the writing as it's situated in the center of the image. Furthermore, I have underlined the text to appear to be the outline of a cloud. This relates to image of the sun because it has been chosen specifically to create imaginary referring to the words 'Hazy Days' as this is my interpretation of it. 
      I could make several imporvements to this is that it could have more colour in it for instance, the background and the text could be colourful. By doing this and being consistent with the colour scheme it could emphasise the production logo and make it more visually appealing to the audience. In addition, I could have been more accurate with the drawing for example, ensuring that the letters are all the same height to make it look a more professional drawing.

Final draft of my idea.
I decided that my original draft was too simple and a lot more could be added/changed to make the logo look more professional. I also took into consideration the improvements that I thought of after my first draft to create this. I added in more colour and changed some of the colour schemes to ensure it looked more realistic and finished for example, the sun rays are now different shades of yellow as opposed to yellow and black.  Also, I made the outlines of the words 'hazy days' bold and contrasted the shading to add emphasis to it. I then took a picture of my production logo idea and used the iPhone app 'Instaeditor,' where i added a 'ventura' effect and hightened the contrast. I did this because it was a good edit that related the theme of the logo with the sun. In addition it enhanced the production logo and made it more visually appealing.

No comments:

Post a Comment